Reveal the Secrets of Body Language for better understanding of other people attempts to reach a deeper understanding of some of the most prominent moments since ancient period.
Up to 80% of the information we receive from a person in a conversation is transmitted non-verbally. we really don’t understand what feelings they’re trying to express through their body.
There are the 10 most common body language blunders that people make, and emotionally intelligent people are careful to avoid.
1. Exaggeration: People who are stretching the truth generally exaggerate. Controlled gestures indicates leadership and confidence, and open gestures, for example, spreading your arms apart or showing the palms of your hands indicates that you have no secrets.
2. Slouching: It is a sign of disregard. It communicates that you’re bored and have no desire to be where you are.
The brain is hardwired to equate power with the amount of space people take up. It maximizes the amount of space you fill. Moreover, this result into collapsing your form which takes up less space and projects less power.
3. Crossed arms and legs: This indicates physical barriers that suggest you’re not open to what the other person is saying. Though you’re smiling or engaged in a pleasant conversation, the other person may get an annoying sense that you’re shutting him or her out.
4. Watching clock frequently: It is a clear sign of disrespect, impatience, and inflated ego while you are talking to someone. It conveys the message that it is less important to do and you have better things to do than talking to the person.
5. Fidgeting: By fixing your hair signals that you’re anxious, over-energized, self-conscious, and distracted. People would think that you as highly concerned about your physical appearance and not concerned enough with your career.
6. Avoiding eye contact: It makes it look like you have something to hide, and that arouses suspicion. Lack of eye contact can also indicate a lack of confidence, which you never want to communicate in case of business setting.Looking down as you talk makes it seem like you lack confidence or are self-conscious, causing your words to lose their effect. It’s paramount to keep your eyes level if you’re making complicated or important points.
7. Rolling your eyes: It indicates lack of respect in communication. Hopefully, while it may be a habit, it’s voluntary. You can control it, and it’s worth the effort.
8. Scowling: Scowling or having a generally unhappy expression sends the message that you’re upset by other some people around you, even though they have nothing to do with your mood.
9. Weak handshake: It communicates that you have lack of authority and self-confidence. On the other hand, a strong handshake could be perceived as an aggressive attempt at domination, which is just as bad.
10. Getting too close: If you stand too close to someone it indicates that you have no respect and no understanding of personal space. For that reason, people will feel uncomfortable when they are around you.
In conclusion, reveal the secrets of body language for better understanding of other people helps you to cope with nearby people and situation. So its a formost thing a person need to know to be successful.